Friday 8 March 2013

Seattle

In less than a week (next Thursday) I will be leaving on a trip to Seattle with some staff and students. We are there for 18 days, and we will be helping out at some shelters (primarily a women and children's shelter). I have not thought about this forthcoming experience a whole lot, nor have I prayed about it as much as I likely should have. Despite these things though: I am still nervous. Lately I have been feeling overwhelmed without quite understanding where the stress has been coming from. I am beginning to think that I am subconsciously scared about this. I do think that this will be a worthwhile trip, and that we could share light in dark places ... but I'm scared, and socializing in general is something that is quite difficult for me. I am not sure what this is going to look like; but even when I AM frightened, HE IS God and He will not let me down (if I am honoring Him).

No comments:

Post a Comment