Saturday 3 November 2012

God, animals, robots, etc

For a long time I didn't think that I was good enough to have a relationship with God. I didn't think that I had enough faith, and I felt torn on whether or not He actually existed (this is something that I still struggle with). You cannot prove that God exists, and you cannot prove that He does not exist. However, I do have faith that He is out there, and that there must be something better than ourselves. I want my relationship to grow, and I also want to live a life that is worshipful towards the Creator. Living without God is similar to living like an animal ... you wake up, you eat, you sleep, and all of those other mechanical actions, which eventually brings you to the point of death. Where is the meaning in all of that? I think that we were meant for greater things. We are not robots, and we have souls planted within us. If we were robots, would we even be able to question on whether or not we actually had a soul? There has got to be more than what we see at face value. I know for a fact that there is so much that I don't notice throughout the day, while I live with these restricted lenses. But I want to improve in this area. I want to focus on God more, and I want to worship Him each day through my actions, thoughts, speech, heart, intentions, etc. My thoughts are scattered as usual, but I feel like I've been learning some very important lessons lately.


No comments:

Post a Comment