Saturday 6 October 2012

Glass Secretorum


This is a poem that I wrote recently ...

I wander down a thousand paths
Just to end up at the place where I began
It’s like I’ll never know
What everyone else seems to understand

My feet are burning
from the acid on the floor
and my heart fell down
from the weakened cage
that used to hold it

The world keeps its secrets from me
as they speak to one another
through a glass case that is too sharp
for my dull mind to comprehend

I’m so tired of trying to see you through
When you’re dressed in ambiguity
My search is constant
 The veil you hide behind is unrelieved

And when I feel like I finally know you
my knowledge drifts away
like the coloured leaves of Autumn
My questions stay the same

2 comments:

  1. hey Graham! I think you are quite a poet & you're a much deeper thinker than your grandma. I really enjoy your unique way of putting together & expressing your thoughts & feelings.Look after your scratched & cut leg .you don't want infection.May God bless you.Grandma B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Grandma! Thank you so much, and thanks for reading my poem

      Delete