Saturday 27 October 2012

the opportunity to be ridiculous

Yesterday was the first Cornerstone event, and it went very well. I think that those who attended enjoyed themselves quite a lot. I definitely did ... basically stayed in that small room from 8:00 pm - 11:45 pm. However, the actual event only lasted from around 8:00 - 10:00. The evening started out with some Electronic / Dance music playing from an iPod, where people were just dancing and having fun. I don't really know how to dance, and I'm pretty laid back most of the time, so I just sat on the floor and observed the odd actions of these people. It was hilarious! Haha, some of the moves that these people had were ridiculous. After that, there was some live music. The first songs were upbeat and non - serious (in which there was some awesomer crowd surfing). After that there were games, one of the LTS shared their testimony, there was some worship music, and then people had the opportunity to hang out in the room, while some music was playing. Most people left at around 10:00 pm, but a few people (including myself) hung out in the room until about a quarter to 12:00 am (as fore mentioned in the second sentence). In essence, it was mostly acting, singing, and playing musical instruments in a comical fashion. I was deemed as being a "princess" by the chef here, who deemed himself as being the "rock star". He honed the microphone for quite awhile and provided many good laughs. I did lots of cartwheels, headstands, random forms of running, jumping over chairs and couches, and even pretended to be Luigi from the Super Mario games at one point. It was crazy. I feel exhausted today from acting so odd ... hahaha, I don't really know what causes me to behave in such a way. I mean, I'm usually pretty calm (I hope) ... but sometimes I just feel like being ridiculous, since I have the opportunity to be ridiculous. Afterwards though, I usually feel kinda guilty ... was I too ridiculous to the point of being irritable towards other people? I wouldn't want to cause that, I was simply acting strange. Hmmm ... all in all, I enjoyed Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment